The Independence Dragon Boat Regatta
(IDBR) is the only Dragon Boat race in the United States run by active members of Team USA - 2007 and 2011 World Champions! the race takes place at the beginning on the 1st
Saturday in June, on the Skuylkill River in Fairmont Park in Philadelphia, PA. The IDBR benefits the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Memorial Fund, The Liberty USO of PA and Southern NJ, and the PDBA members of the next Team USA.
- No Experience Necessary! Get 20 friends, family members, or co-workers together for a team
- Teams schedule up to THREE practices, coached and steered by members of Team USA! We'll teach you how to hold the paddle, the stroke, everything. We provide the boat, the paddles, the life vests.
- Race on our ultra-wide, ultra-safe, 5-lane setup, with a chase boat in each lane
- Each boat on race-day will be steered by a member of the US National Dragon Boat Team.
- Your team will have a reserved space along the river to watch and relax between your races. Rent a tent or bring your own. Bring a grill, and have an all-day tailgate!
- You'll race three times (qualifier, semi, final): 500 Meters per round.
- Women's, Mixed, Men's, Military, Media, Mummers - we have divisions for everyone!